Raphoe Livestock Mart are proud to announce that they will be holding their first ever Rare Breed show and sale on Saturday the 25th of August 2012. There will be four different classes on show on the day. These will consist of Cattle, Sheep, Fowl and pets. For show only there will also be minature ponies and piglets. There will also be a dog show and entries will be taken on the day. All animals and pets must be pre-booked and pure breed cattle must be registered and and accompanied with a cert. If you have any queries on any of the above or wish to book in an entry please contact Raphoe Mart on 074- 9145250 or 074-9145385 Conservation of Animal Genetic Resources(Rare Breeds) If you are a particapant in the AEOS scheme 2010 or 2011 and you keep rare breeds you can choose this action and get paid for keeping them. The rare breeds are broken down into three categories. Cattle- Kerry Dexter Irish Maol( or Moiled) Horses- Connemara Pony Irish Draught Kerry Bog Pony Sheep- Galway To qualify for payment under the Rare Breed measure in AEOS you have to satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a member of an approved breed society and remain a member in the period of the contract
- You must maintain up to date monthly record of all registered animals on the holding and submit a copy with your payment claim.
- All female progeny from a purebred mating must be registered with the relevant breed society
- All male calves from a purebred mating must be birth-notified and or registered with the relevant breed society
- To qualify for payment, registered adult females must have produced registered offspring at least once in the previous two years
- All animals eligible for payment must be clearly identified on the rare breeds record sheet
Mark Mc Connell Consultancy and Auctioneers Ltd, The Glebe, Stranorlar, Lifford, Co. Donegal T/F 074 9130772 www.agriculturalconsultant.net