The Scheme is co-funded by the European Union as part of Ireland’s Rural Development Programme, 2014-2020.
The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Michael Creed, T.D., announced today the commencement of balancing payments under Year 3 of the Sheep Welfare Scheme. The Scheme is co-funded by the European Union as part of Ireland’s Rural Development Programme, 2014-2020.
Minister Creed stated, “I am happy to confirm that the issuing of the 15% balancing payments under the Sheep Welfare Scheme has now commenced. This payment amounts to €1.82M, and is a welcome financial support at this time when farmers are facing challenging circumstances.”
Minister Creed Launches Mobile Calf Registration App
The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Michael Creed, T.D., today welcomed the recent introduction by his Department of a Calf Registration App (Calf-Reg) that is now available free of charge to all herd keepers that have an iOS or Android smartphone.
The Minister stated that the switch from paper notifications to electronic notifications to facilitate the registration of calves was very encouraging. In 2019 over 70% of calves born were registered on the Animal Identification and Movement System (AIMS) using electronic notifications.
This introduction of the new Calf Registration App (Calf-Reg) offers an efficient and user friendly way to register calves electronically.
The main benefits of the Calf Registration App include:
- App is available on most mobile devices, (phones, tablets, laptops etc);
- Simple step by step process to record calf registration details;
- App records registration details even without network coverage, and can be submitted later to update records on AIMS when network coverage allows;
- App can be used in any location, including in farm buildings while tagging calves; and
- Prompt calf registrations that speeds up processing of passports with no postage delays.