To further increase economic and environmental efficiency in the suckler herd through better quality data on herd performance, supporting decision making on farm and support of best practice in welfare management
What does it involve and who is eligible?
- The programme is open to all suckler beef farmers who commit to completing the mandatory action required within the duration of the programme, optional welfare enhancement actions are also available for additional support.
- Payment will be on beef breed (dam and sire) animals born in the herd between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020.
- Applications open on agfood.ie until 15 May 2020.
- Grant aid of up to €8,100 available per suckler farmer
- Up to €90 for the first 10 calf/cow pairs and €80 for the remainder up to a maximum of 100 pairs/herd.
- Farmers who were in BEEP (2019) must apply now for BEEP-S if they wish to be in the new scheme in 2020.
- Mandatory measure: Weighing of live calf and dam and submission of weight recording data to ICBF as per the T&C
- Optional Measure 1: vaccination or meal feeding at weaning as per T&C and or;
- Optional Measure 2: Faecal Egg testing as per T&C
- The Mandatory measure must be completed in full to be eligible for any aid for the programme.
- Eligible Animals: Beef breed animals born between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020
- Applications: open till 15 May 2020
- Submission of weights: up to 1st November 2020
- Payments will be made in December 2020