OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
To further increase economic and environmental efficiency in the suckler herd through better quality data on herd performance, supporting decision making on farm.
- The Pilot will be open to all suckler beef farmers who commit to completing the mandatory action required within the duration of the Pilot.
- Action: weigh unweaned calf and their dam and submitting weight records to ICBF
- Payment will be on beef breed (dam and sire) animals born in the herd between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- Application window for inclusion in the pilot is 4 February and 22 February 2019.
- Requirement 1 - All Calves being submitted for weighing must have been born between 01 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- Requirement 2 – Unweaned Live Calf and Dam must be weighed on the applicant’s holding, individually and on the same day.
- Requirement 3 – Only scales registered in accordance with the Pilot Terms and Conditions may be used.
- Requirement 4 – Weights must be submitted between 08 March 2019 and 01 November 2019
- Eligible Animals: Beef breed animals born between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Applications: 4 February to 22 February 2019
- Submission of weights: 8 March to 1 November 2019
- Payments will be made in December 2019.
Further info on T&Cs and how to apply: https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/BEEP