Meal bins are now included for all sectors at a grant rate of 40% and 60% for young trained farmers who have their herd number less than five years and who are under forty years of age.
This list details all the companies that are accepted as producing meal bins / grain silos for grant-aid.
If a manufacturer is not included on this list, then initial approval for grant aid shall not be given unless the applicant arranges for the Departmental acceptance of the chosen system.
If a Meal bin /grain silo manufacturing company which is not on this list wishes to be included, it should send detailed specifications of their units to: Engineering Unit, Nitrates, Biodiversity and Engineering Division, Pavilion A, Grattan Business Centre, Dublin Road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MEAL BINS
1) Only meals bins/grain silos that are pre-painted shall be accepted for grant-aid.
2) Meal bins / grain silos shall be bolted to a minimum 3m x 3m, 250 mm thick concrete base. The foundation and concrete shall be constructed and placed as described in S.101. Concrete shall be purchased from an EN 206 certified manufacturer, be at least Mix B (37N) and certified as per S.101.
3) In cases where meal bins are constructed in existing buildings, then the bins are not required to be painted, however, the building must be in compliance with planning permission regulations.
Accepted meal bins/grain silos:-Company Name Address. Only companies on this list are eligible to supply a meal bin for grant aid.
- Condron Engineering Ltd Kells Road, Collon, C. Louth
- Crowley Engineering Upper Glanmire Bridge, Co. Cork
- Finrone New Buildings Industrial Estate, Victoria Road, Newbuildings, Londonderry, BT47 2SX
- IDS Ltd. Mountrath Rd., Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
- JetWash Ltd* Carrigallen, C. Letrim.
- McAree Engineering Works Ltd.
- (V-Mac Silos) Ballinode, Co. Monaghan.
- C Mc.Enerney Engineering Crosserlough, Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan
- McGrath Feed Systems Knockagarry, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork
- O'Doherty Farm Services Ltd Lakyle, Ardnacrusha, Co. Clare
- Paudie Cooney Lackenmore, Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan
- Paul Cooney Sales Ltd Lavey, Stradone, Co. Cavan
- PE Services Cavan Road, Ballyjamesduff. Co. Cavan
- Q Mac Silos Limited 161a Ballymaguire Road, Stewartstown Road,Dungannon, BT71 5NN
- RobLew, Lewis and Robinson Engineering6 Findrum Road, Ballygawley, Co. Tyrone,BT70 2JL
- Spirofeed Ltd Quarter Industrial Estate, Mallow, Co. Cork.
* Does not need to be painted due to being manufactured in fibreglass.
DON’T FORGET YOUR SHEEP CENSUS TO BE POSTED BY THE 31ST OF JANUARY AND ONLINE BY THE 14TH OF JANUARY